Engagement Coordinator (Part-time)—Based in Pittsburgh, PA
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Reports to: Director of Engagement
Start: Spring 2018
Work is seeking an Engagement Coordinator to support our engagement and partnerships with donors, volunteers, and supporters. This team member will join a growing organization to support our core engagement programs, and will report to our Director of Engagement.
Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. We maximize resources to provide the most effective services for our families in Haiti. We're looking for entrepreneurially minded, organized, and detailed-oriented individuals with a keen interest in accompanying our families to independence. The new team member must be an adaptable, positive, and collaborative team member.
- General Engagement Tasks
- Be an advocate for our families in Haiti by getting to know them, learning and sharing their stories, and pitching in where needed.
- Maintain donor database, and track all donations and build reports.
- Coordinate donor appreciation mailings in a timely manner.
- Support the delivery of engagement opportunities (i.e. volunteer days) and news to supporters.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and learning opportunities.
- 1:1 Campaign—Sponsorship campaign that connects supporters with family members
- Coordinate connections between family members and supporters, including but not limited to update calls, letter exchanges, and visits.
- Support the growth of the Campaign by meeting recruitment goals.
- Blackjack Spectacular—Our annual event in Pittsburgh’s North Side
- Coordinate event logistics with host committee and the team while providing regular progress updates.
- Secure a minimum of 3-5 new sponsors for the event.
- Secure a minimum of 10 new raffle or silent auction items.
- Contribute to new components of engagement to enhance experience.
- Run Across Haiti—Our 200-mile run to show that it’s not a country to be feared or to be pitied.
- Track and organize pre-Run logistics, including the application process.
- Coordinate event logistics including but not limited to runner fundraising events and outreach with partner run clubs.
- Coordinate post-run follow up with all runners, crew, and sponsors.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Event Planning—You have managed an event from start to finish while juggling all details and deadlines.
- Fundraising and Donor Engagement—You have had success in connecting individuals and groups to a cause with which you identify.
- Adaptable—You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and can adapt to changes.
- Curious and Entrepreneurial—You do well in having the ability to find your way to creative solutions that reach the desired outcome.
- Fast and Willing to Learn—Reaching into uncharted territories and tackling new challenges with exceptional results is your jam. You love new projects.
- Team Member—Working in a team setting that makes you feel like you’re playing for the Chicago Bulls circa 1990’s gives you goosebumps.
- Executes to Results—Hitting goals is important to you. You maintain a high standard and work hard to get results.
- Technical Experience—We operate on Google Drive and Suite, Asana, Slack, Fundraising CRM, and Mailchimp. You’re familiar with these platforms or you can get up to speed by watching online tutorials.
- ‘Can-do’ Attitude and Passion—Our mission, philosophy, and core values align with yours and you’re ready to give it a 100%.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Engagement Coordinator, <Your Full Name>”. Include a one page writing sample on your philosophy on donor engagement.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Work complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
The mission of Work is to accompany families in Haiti out of poverty through good, dignified jobs. Work is a nonprofit organization working in Haiti to end poverty one dignified job at a time. We work in one community in Port-au-Prince, called Menelas, where 1,500 families reside. Our goal is simple: to place two heads of households into a good, dignified job so that each family and in turn, their community can pull themselves out of poverty forever.
We start by getting to know our families and learning about their assets and needs. Oftentimes it begins with addressing health concerns, as illness can stand in the way of all other goals. Next, we ensure all school-aged children have access to an education and address basic needs such as debt and housing with their parents. Once family members are work-ready, they enroll into our job preparation program and are trained and placed into dignified work. They receive follow up services such as professional development and access to relevant workshops while we maintain our commitment to accompany them until they no longer need us.