Program Manager (Full-time)—Based in Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Executive Director
Start: Spring 2018
Work is seeking a Program Manager to manage our growing programming in Haiti. This team member will be responsible for working with our team to implement and grow our suite of wrap-around services to all Work families. Key to success in this position are the interest and initiative to work in partnership with our families, utilize an asset-based approach to problem solve, and provide strategic investments as a team. This team member will report to our Executive Director.
Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. We maximize resources to provide the most effective services for our families in Haiti. We're looking for like-minded individuals who will work relentlessly to accompany our families to independence. The new team member must be an adaptable, positive, and collaborative team player.
- Organization & Operations
- Be an advocate for our families in Haiti by getting to know them, learning with them, and crafting programming to support their growth.
- Work closely with our Executive Director and Country Manager to oversee the performance and operations of our services to ensure program goals are achieved. Collect, maintain, and analyze program data with integrity to provide insights for improvement.
- Maintain and facilitate our knowledge database built within our operations and relevant learning opportunities.
- Prepare and manage program budget with fiscal responsibility.
- Create and maintain a family updates portal.
- Coordinate meetings with Program Committee and Program Advisors to support the execution and growth of our program.
- Health Program—ensure open access to medical care
- Maintain and build partnerships with Haiti-based health care providers to ensure complete access for all Work families.
- Work with Program team to build and evaluate health workshops.
- With support from our Engagement team, maintain, procure, and distribute medical supplies for our families and partner clinic.
- Education Program—facilitate education for all children
- Support our Education Assistance Program, including but not limited to the application process, distribution of funds, after-school programming, and evaluate performance.
- Develop best practices for after-school learning, including instructional methods relevant to learning styles.
- Work with our Program team to create our internship program.
- Job Program—end poverty through dignified work
- Manage and expand our growing jobs program.
- Develop and implement our training curriculum utilizing relevant pedagogy and applying best practices and lessons learned.
- Work with our Executive Director and Country Manager to develop new job opportunities and steer economic investment.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Program Development—You have experience creating programming and lesson plans from start to finish that includes metrics and evaluation.
- Data Collection and Analysis—You’re familiar with survey and data collection methodologies and tools, enjoy the details of data collection, and can analyze complex data sets.
- Adaptable—You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and can adapt to changes.
- Executes to Results—Setting and hitting goals is important to you. You maintain a high standard and work hard to get results.
- Curious and Entrepreneurial—You do well in having the ability to find your way to creative solutions that reach the desired outcomes.
- Team Player—Working in a team setting that makes you feel like you’re playing for the Chicago Bulls circa 1990’s gives you goosebumps.
- Technical Experience—We operate on Google Drive and Suite, Asana, Slack, Fundraising CRM, and Mailchimp. You’re familiar with these platforms or you can get up to speed by watching online tutorials.
- Effective Communicator—You’re an active listener and an effective communicator.
- Fiscal Responsibility—You’re comfortable building a budget and can execute with utmost professional ethics and fiscal responsibility.
- Education and Experience—You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field or related, equivalent work experience in relevant fields.
- Travel and Flexible Schedule—Regular travel to Haiti and to various US-cities along with working some evenings and weekends will be required.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive annual salary, employer-paid health-care coverage, and partial cell-phone coverage. We also provide a generous paid-time off policy that includes year-end organization-wide vacation.
Submit your resume to email@example.com with subject line “Program Manager, <Your Full Name>”. Include a one page writing sample on your philosophy on ending poverty through dignified jobs.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Work complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
The mission of Work is to accompany families in Haiti out of poverty through good, dignified jobs. Work is a nonprofit organization working in Haiti to end poverty one dignified job at a time. We work in one community in Port-au-Prince, called Menelas, where 1,500 families reside. Our goal is simple: to place two heads of households into a good, dignified job so that each family and in turn, their community can pull themselves out of poverty forever.
We start by getting to know our families and learning about their assets and needs. Oftentimes it begins with addressing health concerns, as illness can stand in the way of all other goals. Next, we ensure all school-aged children have access to an education and address basic needs such as debt and housing with their parents. Once family members are work-ready, they enroll into our job preparation program and are trained and placed into dignified work. They receive follow up services such as professional development and access to relevant workshops while we maintain our commitment to accompany them until they no longer need us. www.dowork.org.